Monday, June 21, 2010

Last-minute Packing Hints

Steven just sent me a great e-mail, which caused me to realize that I needed to post one last blog before we depart!

"Laura, can the boys wear shorts on Saturday in Rome when you will tour some churches? What about at the Vatican?"

When I travel internationally, I always pack one outfit and basic toiletries into my carry-on (backpack), just in case bags are lost. Seeing as our second day is a day of touring Rome, including visiting the Vatican, you might want to make sure your carry-on outfit suits the Vatican Fashion Police Rules: SHOULDERS AND KNEES COVERED; NO EXCESSIVE CLEAVAGE

I plan to pack a t-shirt and skirt which hangs below my knees. Girls, if you want to wear sleeveless shirts, please back a beach wrap/scarf to cover your shoulders and front. Guys, usually men's shorts are long enough for the fashion police (as they are longer than your knees), but if you're in doubt, pack comfortable slacks. Please, guys, no "daisy dukes", okay? EVER?

And, of course, pack anything you can't live without:
- important daily medications (with a copy of your prescription)
- passport
- comforts for sleeping on the 'plane - earplugs, inflatable neck pillow

Hugs to you all! See you on Thursday or Friday!!!!

pax,
Laura :)

No comments: