Friday, May 7, 2010

elenco di canzoni

Ciao, Tutti!

Something came up for me in class today, and I thought of y'all. As a trained musician, my soul is attached to music, and all best expressions of myself I've always found in music. My students often receive music during testing/in-class working time, and they, too, find more peace in themselves. Even my freshman football players in English I CP are transformed. Truly, music soothes the most savage beast.

This isn't unfounded professional behavior - it's been proven how sounds, in their various forms, affect water molecule patterns. And how music can truly change our moods. I'm a huge proponent of the Mozart effect during testing (even though I'll include other classical composers of similar style, plus Tchaikovsky).

When you view any tourist-based videos of Italy, you're going to hear music which is faintly familiar, but which is deeply based in the hearts of the Italians. There are some songs which you just should know if you're a music-lover visiting Italy. And this isn't stereotypical - you will find random groups of people circling around a pianist (or other instrumentalist), singing familiar songs.

I do own Dean-o's "Italian Love Songs", which is a good sampling of traditional Italian songs, but here's a general Italian Playlist, if you'd like to feel prepared for the party:
Volare
That's Amore
Funicoli, funicola
Arrivederci, Roma
Santa Lucia
Return to me (Song of Sorrento)
O Sole Mio
Lazy Mary
Buona Sera

Get this on your iPod! Got more to add to this list? Share your suggestions!

You might just find yourself surrounding a piano, and joining strangers in a familiar song.

un' abbracio,
Laura :)

No comments: